Tour offered byPeregrine Treks and Expedition Private Limited
Peregrine is promoted by a team of enthusiastic professional who have years-long experience of handling groups in the Nepal Himalayas. We provide services like trekking, peak climbing, jungle safari and many adventurous activities along with specialized tours like cultural tours, bird watching trips, honey hunting trips and parahawking, among others. We have a team of trained and experienced human resources like team leaders, guides, Sherpas, porters and cooks to take proper care of you even in read more...
Annapurna base camp trek is an amazing walk through diverse landscape and culture complete with rich mountain vistas, terraced fields, quaint Gurung villages and a wide variety of flora and fauna. Mt. Annapurna (8091m) of Nepal is the 10th highest mountain in the world and the journey to its base camp, which is at 4130m/13549ft height, is one of the most popular walks on earth. Moreover, we reach our destination via Mt. Machapuchhre (Fishtail) which is revered by the Nepalese for its unique beauty. Furthermore, thanks to the well groomed itinerary of the Annapurna Base Camp trekking package, it is a popular choice among diverse outdoor enthusiasts, from a solo female traveler to hikers travelling in groups to Nepal.
Our Annapurna Base Camp Trek has a short, 11-day itinerary compared to most walks in this region leading up to the base camp. The particular route is designed for globe trotters who wish to hike to the base camp of the spectacular mountain but are restricted time-wise. For travelers who wish to reach the Annapurna base camp in a more relaxed manner can try a different route like the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek - 14 Days which would be a more appropriate choice.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu)
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Peregrine Treks' trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and/or Pokhara
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
- Cancellation must be advised, in writing, and will be effective from the date of receipt by The Company. In the case of group bookings, cancellation of one or more individual places within the group must be received in writing from the person responsible for placing the booking originally and not from individual members of the group
- Such terms are adopted in a similar form throughout the travel industry and are designed to protect The Company who is required to make certain advance payments as part of your holiday arrangements. Provided the reason for cancellation falls within the terms of the policy, you may be able to claim cancellation charges back from your insurance company. We strongly suggest you take out insurance at the time of booking to cover against possible cancellation charges. Should you cancel your booking the insurance premium is forfeit.
- We reserve the right to cancel or modify your holiday. If we have to cancel your holiday before the date of departure, you will have the choice of taking an alternative holiday. Where this is a lower price we will refund the difference and where this is of a higher price you will be expected to pay the difference. Or you can choose to withdraw from the contract with us and accept a full refund. In addition and in appropriate cases, where the full balance has been paid, and where such cancellation is not due to underbooking or force majeure, we will pay you compensation which is reasonable given the circumstances in question. Force majeure is defined as unusual and unforeseeable circumstances, beyond our control, the consequences of which neither we nor any of our suppliers could avoid. If a tour is underbooked and as a result will not run, we will inform you no later than 6 weeks prior to departure. We cannot be held liable for any loss or damages incurred or any claims due to any cancellation on any account whatsoever.
- No refund or compensation will be made for any unused air tickets, accommodation or any other activity, service or feature of the trip. A general indication is provided of the itinerary for each adventure holiday, accommodation used, what is included in the price, passport and visa requirements and health formalities. As indications, they are not a contractual obligation on the part of The Company. Changes in any or all of these may be made at any time and we will notify you of any such changes that we become aware of as soon as we are reasonably able to do so. Most holidays will have accompanying detailed Itineraries which can be downloaded from our website or sent out to you on request. We advise you to read these notes carefully before making any booking to ensure you understand the nature of the holiday and what is and is not included in the price. If you have made a booking and, after reading the itinerary, feel you have not fully understood the details of the holiday, you may cancel your booking without penalty and we will refund any monies paid to us. This type of cancellation will only be allowed during the 7 days following our sending the Itineraries to you. Cancellation of this type will not be allowed if your booking is made less than 8 weeks before departure.
- It must be realized that with adventure travel, changes to an itinerary may occur. Most of our trips operate in developing and/or remote countries and regions and a degree of flexibility is required, sometimes patience and a sense of humor which are part of the adventure travel experience. We reserve the right to make such changes after we have confirmed your booking and if we do so, we will make the best efforts to inform you before departure and make suitable alternative arrangements. Circumstances may arise where we are forced to alter trip dates, duration or hotel accommodation before leaving your country. Local events may result in delays or alterations. Clients will be informed of any such changes as soon as we know of them and will be invoiced for any additional costs resulting, or refunded any difference as appropriate. During a trip, we will do our best to ensure suitable alternatives and minimal disruptions to your itinerary and any changes will be made in discussion with the group.
- Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize and accept the risks and hazards potentially involved in adventure holidays and that you are mentally and physically capable of undertaking your chosen trip. You must tell us if you have an existing medical condition or disability that might affect your holiday before you make any booking. If in our reasonable opinion, your chosen holiday is not suitable for your medical condition or disability, we reserve the right to cancel the contract if medical or other problems are discovered. In this eventuality, we will give a full refund but no compensation. You are responsible for bringing with you the proper clothing and equipment. Which we advise you about our printed trip information and pre-departure information pack. The Company is liable for the negligence of its employees and suppliers when they are acting within the scope of their employment or in the provision of the travel arrangements. The company is not liable for any failures that occur in the performance of the travel arrangements which are attributable to the consumer, or attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services and events which are unforeseeable or unavoidable, or which are due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the company which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised.
- Full refund 60 days prior than the tour departure date, 50% return 30 days prior than the tour departure date by deducting air ticket cancellation fee
We will be accommodated in Samsara Resort or Similar in Kathmandu, Kuti Resort Resort in Pokhara and teahouses during the trek. All accommodations are on a twin-shared basis. Rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at a lower elevation, it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
During our Annapurna Base Camp Trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese food as well the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served from the tea-houses or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available while in Kathmandu and Pokhara. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.
After arriving in Kathmandu, a representative from Peregrine Treks will pick us up from the airport and take us to our hotel. In the afternoon, we may take a rest or visit Peregrine Treks' office. In the evening, there will be a welcome dinner hosted by Himalayan Glacier. For dinner, you will be served authentic Nepalese cuisine which will introduce you to the country’s food culture. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Included meals: Dinner
Fly to Pokhara (827m/2,700ft), trek to Ghandruk
We take an early morning flight to Pokhara, the beautiful lake city and catch great views of the Himalayas from the right side of our airplane. After landing in the Pokhara airport, we drive to Naya Pul (1 hour and 20 minutes) and start the trek. From Birethanti, we trek to Ghandruk, a beautiful village mostly inhabited by the Gurung community. If time permits, we also visit the Gurung museum today. Overnight in Ghandruk.
Included meals: Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2170m/7120ft): 5 - 6 hours
At this juncture, we climb up for around an hour up to Kimrungdanda. On the way, we can enjoy great views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Fishtail Mountain (Machhapuchhre) and Ganggapurna. A steep descent takes us to the Kimrong Khola. After another steep ascent from Kimrong Khola to Chere Danda, we descend for a while and then it’s a gentle walk to Chhomrong. Chhomrong is a beautiful village located on the lap of the giant Annapurna massive. Overnight in Chhomrong.
Included meals: Breakfast read more... Lunch Dinner
Chhomrong to Bamboo (2310m/7578ft): 4 - 5 hours
We descend via 2500 stone steps and cross the bridge above Chhomrong Khola. From here it is an uphill climb to Sinuwa. Next, we pass through a beautiful forest to Kuldihar followed by an easy downhill walk to Bamboo. Overnight in Bamboo.
Included meals: Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Bamboo to Deurali (3230m/10,595ft): 3 - 4 hours
We pass through a bamboo forest which is damp and cold then ascend steadily with a few steep sections. It is only after reaching the Himalaya Hotel that the forest opens up and we are out in the sun again with astounding views of the glacial river below. It is a steep climb up through a much drier forest before reaching Hinku Cave. From here we can see the trail drop closer to the river before climbing again to Deurali, the most scenic stretch of the day. The vegetation is sparser, allowing read more... magical views of the valley, the river below, and the sheer rock-face cliffs above with bands of wispy waterfalls. Overnight in Deurali.
Included meals: Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m/13,545ft)
Climb gently through a river bed then over a steep trail over to the mountain side. The hike from Bagar to Machhapuchhre Base Camp is somewhat strenuous. From Machhapuchhre base camp we get excellent views of the majestic Machhapuchhre along with Mt. Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Gandharvachuli and Gangapurna which is certainly a rewarding experience. The vegetation disappears on our way to ABC and the path widens as we enter the Annapurna sanctuary. From here, we get read more... sensational views of the near-vertical south face of Annapurna towering above us. The sanctuary boasts of a dynamic view without anything impeding the 360-degree panorama. From the base camp, we again get to savor mesmerizing views of the Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Hiunchuli and other peaks. Overnight at Annapurna Base Camp.
Included meals: Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo: 7 – 8 hours
From the Annapurna base camp we retrace our steps to Bamboo. Today’s trek is downhill, so it shouldn’t be very difficult. Besides, we will always have the company of the extraordinary landscape to cheer us up. Overnight in Bamboo.
Included meals:Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1760m/5770 ft): 5 - 6 hours
From Bamboo, it is an uphill trek to Kuldighar followed by a downhill walk to Chhomrong Khola. Then we climb the stone steps to Chhomrong. The trail then descends to Jhinu Danda, where we will be resting for the night. Today we will have an opportunity to enjoy the hot springs which is just a 15-20 minute downhill walk from Jhinu Danda to soothe our aching body. Overnight in Jhinu Danda.
Included meals:Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Trek to Naya Pul then drive to Pokhara: 6 hours trek,
On our way to Naya Pul from Jhinu Danda, we get to enjoy the amazing hill landscape of western Nepal. We have lunch on the way. Our trek will end at Naya Pul where we board our vehicle to Pokhara. Overnight in Pokhara.
*If the road construction connecting Jhinu Danda to Naya Pul is complete, driving from Jhinu Danda to Pokhara could be another option.
Included meals: Breakfast Lunch
Fly to Kathmandu
We fly to Kathmandu in the afternoon. After arriving in Kathmandu, we will be escorted to our hotel. We enjoy the day leisurely or catch up on some last minute shopping or explore any landmarks we missed during our first day in Kathmandu. To celebrate the successful completion of our journey, we will have a farewell dinner in the evening. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Included meals: Breakfast Dinner
Our journey in Nepal comes to an end today! A Himalayan Glacier representative will drop us off at the airport approximately 3 hours before our scheduled flight. On our way to home, we have plenty of time to plan our next adventure in the wonderful country of Nepal.
Join the conversation